- 1. Information on Discover Qatar W.L.L
Discover Qatar W.L.L a limited liability company having a principal place of business at 185, D-Ring Road, Doha, State of Qatar.
The Services made available by Discover Qatar can only be used by you after you have first read these Terms and Conditions and accepted them unconditionally by clicking on the appropriate box provided for this purpose. It is not possible to proceed with the booking process without this acceptance.
You also acknowledge that, read before confirming the reservation of the Service, you have read the standard information form on essential rights available as set forth at the end of these Terms and Conditions (Article 18).
By making a booking, the Lead Customer/ Guest on the Booking and who must be at least 18 years old, agrees on behalf of all persons detailed on the Booking.
- 1. Definitions
|Booking Confirmation||means the email confirmation sent to the Lead Customer/ Guestconfirming a Booking,|
|We, Our, Us and the Organiser||means Discover Qatar W.L.L.|
|You, your and Customer or Traveller||means a customer/ guestwho books one or more Services offered on the Website.|
|Tourism Product or Services||means the services booked by you or any person on your behalf via our Website.|
|Leader||means a qualified tour manager.|
|Lead Customer||means the Customer/ Guest who makes a booking for themselves and/or on behalf of others under the same Booking|
|Package Travel Directive||refers to the Directive (EU) 2015/2302 on Package Travel and Linked Travel Arrangements .|
|Package Travel||bears the meaning of a "package travel" in the Package Travel Directive.|
|Terms and Conditions||mean these terms and conditions for Discover Qatar as amended from time to time.|
- 2. Your Holiday Contract
- 2.1. When a booking is made, the Lead Customer/ Guest named on the booking guarantees that he or she has the authority to accept and contracts on behalf of all members of his or her party by the terms of these Terms and Conditions. After we receive your request for Booking and all appropriate payments, we will issue a Booking Confirmation via email to you. It is expressly agreed that the data stored in the information systems of Discover Qatar and/or its suppliers shall constitute proof with respect to the bookings made by the Lead Customer/ Guest. Data stored in computers or electronic media are valid proof, and shall therefore be acceptable under the same conditions and with the same evidential value as a physical written document.
- 2.2 A binding contract will come into existence between you and Us as soon as we have issued you with a Booking Confirmation that will confirm the details of your Booking and will be sent to you via email to the Lead Customer/ Guest.
- 2.3 The Services are described on the Website. This description, these Terms and Conditions and the standard information form (as per article 18 below) constitute the pre-contractual information as required in Article 5 of the Package Travel Directive. This pre-contractual information forms an integral part of the Holiday Contract.
- 2.4 You are required to present your Booking confirmation details (voucher, transaction record or other documents mentioned in the product description) and other required documents at the time of availing the Tourism Product.
- 2.5 It is important to check the details on your Booking Confirmation when you get it, or if booking late at the time of booking, that all the details are exactly as you requested. In the event of any discrepancy, please contact us immediately as it may not be possible to make changes or corrections later.
- 3. Website accuracy
- 3.1 Although Discover Qatar makes every effort to ensure the accuracy of our website information and pricing, regrettably changes and errors do occasionally occur and we reserve the right to correct prices and other details in such circumstances. Mistakes made by the Customer/Guest during the booking process are not binding on us and Discover Qatar will not be required to honour any booking made in such case. In the event of an error or mistake being made caused by the
- 4. Specific Terms and Conditions
- 4.1 Many of the services which make up your Tourism Product are provided by independent suppliers. Those suppliers provide these services in accordance with their own terms and conditions which will form part of your contract with us. Some of these terms and conditions may limit or exclude the supplier's liability to you, usually in accordance with applicable International Conventions. Copies of the relevant parts of these terms and conditions are available on request from ourselves or the supplier concerned.
- 4.2 Hotels
- 4.2.1 The following terms and conditions may be applicable to your Booking:
- a) Porterage, Tips, laundry, room service, and all items of a personal nature such as beverages, phone calls, etc. are not included in the hotel price and should be paid additionally to the hotel for the consumption of same.
- b) Some leisure facilities/activities/sports equipment may be available seasonally and may not necessarily be free of charge. The use of these facilities are normally subject to an additional charge, paid directly to the hotel.
- c) Some hotel may not permit name or date change and impose full cancellation charges, especially during peak period or public holidays.
- d) During Public Holidays and over Special Events stricter conditions may be applied by some hotels and bookings may be non-refundable.
- e) Cancellation charges vary from hotel to hotel and depending on the seasonality which will be advised at the time of booking.
- f) Some restaurants or facilities may be closed during the Holy month of Ramadan and religious holidays.
- g) Alcoholic beverages restrictions apply during the Holy month of Ramadan and religious holidays
- h) Renovations and/or construction work may sometimes occur during your stay. Discover Qatar will make every effort to share such information at the time of booking if the same is advised to us by the hotel. However, this may not be possible for emergency repairs, in which case the hotel will inform its customer/guests directly.
- i) The categorization of hotels, resorts and other types of accommodation is generally done by the Tourism body and the process of grading used to categorize the properties may not necessarily conform to international standards, Discover Qatar does not take responsibility if the grading of the hotel does not conform to international standards.
- 4.2.2 In the event that you are not satisfied with the hotel or room on check-in, you may register a complaint with the hotel front-office or contact Discover Qatar under the conditions provided in Article 12 of these Terms and Conditions. In the event of disputes over such and all other circumstances, Discover Qatar will offer all reasonable assistance but will not be responsible for claims and compensations, without prejudice to the application of Article 13 of these Terms and Conditions.
- 4.3 Tours and Activities
- 4.3.1 The following terms and conditions may be applicable to your Booking:
- a) Tour voucher issued in respect of the Tours or Activities is subject in all respects to these Terms and Conditions and to any and all terms and conditions of the owners, operators, public carriers and such other persons who provide Tours or Activities to you.
- b) Acquisition of a voucher or the making of a booking entitling you to participate in a Tour or Activity shall be deemed to constitute your consent and acceptance of these Terms and Conditions.
- c) If Tours and Activities are not part of a Package Travel, Discover Qatar is authorized to cancel, modify or omit any part of any Tour or Activity for which a booking has been made with or without notice to you and at our sole discretion. Due to the nature of many of the Tours or Activities, delays and cancellations may result due to factors beyond our or our suppliers’ control, such as the weather, accidents, sickness, governmental restrictions and other events of force majeure. In such cases, a refund or partial refund may be given at our discretion and/or the discretion of the supplier of the Tour or Activity concerned.
- d) Extension of tour duration, additional services or amendments cannot be made during the tour. Pick-up and drop-off time and location cannot be changed at any time during the tour.
- e) Customer/ Guest understands and accepts the potential risks and hazards that can be involved in some of the Tours or Activities. You take responsibility for ensuring that you are mentally and physically capable of participating in the particular Tour or Activity. You agree to comply with the instructions in English of any personnel providing the Tour or Activity. If in the opinion of that Leader, your behaviour or physical condition is detrimental to the safety, welfare and well-being of the group as a whole, or if the Leader considers that your general well-being will be put at risk by continuing with the Tour or Activity, you may be asked not to participate in the Tour or Activity without the right to any refund of the price.
- f) Some of the Tours or Activities are potentially hazardous. Discover Qatar and its suppliers will use all their experience and, where necessary, the experience and assistance of local guides and other experts, in order to minimise the risk to you. Nevertheless, if you are participating in Tours or Activities that are potentially hazardous or against the Leader’s recommendation you may be required to read, understand and sign an indemnity and waiver form in English before participating in those Tours or Activities. Where we offer Tours or Activities provided by third parties, or issue you with a voucher entitling you to a ticket for an event and provided that the Tours or Activities are not part of a Package Travel, we act only as agent for the operator of the Tour or Activity concerned or the organisers of that event. The terms and conditions of the operator of the Tour or Activity or organiser of the event will apply to you and any refund will be subject to those terms and conditions. We will therefore have no responsibility for the acts or omissions (including negligence) of those operators or organisers or their servants or agents, or for any injury, damage or loss arising in connection with the provision of Tours or Activities by such operators or in connection with the event or its organisation.
- g) We are responsible for making sure that each part of the Tour or Activity you book with us is provided to a reasonable standard and as was advertised by us (or as changed and accepted by you).
- h) To the maximum extent permitted by law, Discover Qatar accepts no responsibility for any damage, loss, accident, sickness, injury or death that you or anyone else may suffer or incur arising out of the Tours or Activities and/or in connection with your contract with us and/or the operator of any Tours or Activities.
- i) Any person who is under 18 years old must be accompanied by an adult on his or her journey.
- j) Tours and Activities products purchased from us are non-transferable (if they are not part of a Package Travel) and cannot be sold, encashed or given away, nor can these services/travel products be used for commercial or promotional purposes.
- k) Any personal possessions left behind will be disposed of responsibly.
- l) From time to time we may introduce you to reputable third party suppliers of excursions or other leisure services. If you choose to enter into a contract for the provision of excursions or other leisure services, your contract will be with that supplier directly and we act only in the capacity of an agent, and therefore would have no liability for the proper performance of that contract.
- m) Minimum age varies for Tours and Activities. Please refer to the tour specific condition at the time of selection.
- 4.4 Transit Tours
- 4.4.1 The following terms and conditions are applicable to your Booking:
- a) Transit Tours are bookable by transit passengers online up to 48 hours prior to arrival subject to availability.
- b) Customers/ Guests need to carry their boarding pass for validation when the need arise.
- c) Customers/ Guests must be eligible for visa-free entry or have valid transit visa or be eligible for visa on arrival to purchase a Discover Qatar Transit Tour.
- d) Minimum transit time should be more than 5 hours however that may vary according to tour. It’s the customer’s/ guest’s responsibility to ensure they have adequate transit time when booking.
- e) Discover Qatar recommends to select fixed departure tours or private tours to commence 2 hours after flight arrival. All passengers have to report at Discover Qatar Transit Desk as mentioned in respective tour offer terms with the booking voucher for service validation. All tours shall complete (drop-off at airport) 90 minutes prior to the departure flight.
- f) Transit Tours bookings are non-refundable and non-amendable under any circumstances.
- g) You shall ensure a minimum of 2 hours after the end of the tour for departure clearance before you catch your onwards flight. Discover Qatar shall not be liable for any delay in departure clearance or missed flights as a result of time mismanagement or uncontrollable circumstances and occurrences.
- h) Extension of tour duration, additional services or amendments cannot be made during the tour. Pick-up and drop-off time and location cannot be changed at any time during the tour.
- 5. Insurance
- 5.1 It is a condition of your Booking with us that you and all other members of your party including all infants and children, are adequately insured on your Tourism Product. It is your responsibility to ensure that the insurance policy you purchase is suitable, covers your requirements (including but not limited to health requirements and car hire requirements) and is adequate for your particular needs and travel arrangements. Please read and take it with you on Tourism Product. All personal effects are at your sole risk at all times during your Tourism Product.
- 5.2 We strongly advise that you take out a policy of insurance in order to cover you and your party against the cost of cancellation by you; the cost of assistance (including repatriation) in the event of accident or illness; loss of baggage and money; and other expenses, as well as ensuring you have cover for any activities you have booked, including additional cover for extreme sports/adventure travel and all other activities you have booked. We will advise you if mandatory insurance is required.
- 6. Paying for your Tourism Product
- 6.1 In order to confirm your chosen arrangements, you must pay via credit or debit card. Credit card payments are processed via the automated secure Common Payment Gateway which will be subject to fraud screening process.
- 6.2 If you do not supply the correct credit or debit card billing address and/or cardholder information, your Booking will not be confirmed and the overall cost may increase. We reserve the right to cancel your Tourism Product if payment is declined for any reason or if you have supplied incorrect credit or debit card information. If we become aware of, or is notified of, any fraud or illegal activity associated with the payment for the booking, the Booking will be cancelled and you will be liable for all costs and expenses arising from such cancellation, without prejudice to any action that may be taken against us.
- 7. Your Tourism Product Price
- 7.1 We endeavour to ensure that the most up-to-date and correct prices are shown on the Website and prices on our Website are fixed at the time of Booking.
- 7.2 The total and final price due by the Customer/ Guest includes all the Services, the amount of any service charges and, where applicable, the applicable taxes and any additional costs.
- 7.3 You should be aware that some suppliers may authorise or charge your payment card at check-in as a deposit for any incidentals such as room service, telephone calls or other hotel services or for damage or incidents occurring during your stay and which are not part of your Tourism Product with us. Suppliers may require a cash deposit upon check-in for customers/ guests who do not have a payment card. The amount authorised or charged can vary considerably depending on the Supplier and/or the destination. It is your responsibility to ensure sufficient funds or credit are available to cover the amount required by the Supplier. We are not responsible for setting the amount of any deposit required and if you have any queries you should contact the Supplier prior to departure.
- 8. Transfer of the Package Travel contract to another Traveller
- 8.1 Subject to the condition that Discover Qatar is informed by any means necessary to obtain an acknowledgement of receipt within seven (7) days before the start of the Package, the Traveller may transfer the Package Travel contract to a person who satisfies all the conditions applicable to that contract.
- 8.2 In such a case, the transferor of the Package Travel contract and the transferee shall be jointly and severally liable for the payment of the balance due and for any additional fees, charges or other costs arising from the transfer. Discover Qatar shall inform the Traveller about costs of the transfer and provide him with evidence of the additional fees, charges or other costs arising from the transfer of the Package Travel contract.
- 9. Amendment and cancellation
- 9.1 If, after our Booking Confirmation invoice has been issued, you wish to change your travel arrangements in any way, we will endeavour to make these changes (subject to these Booking Conditions and any applicable charges being paid by you), but it may not always be possible. All amendments are subject to availability and eligibility to make changes and actual charges applying will be advised to you when you request the change. Any request for changes to be made must be from the ‘Lead Customer/ Guest name’ on the Booking.
- 9.2 Please note: Certain arrangements may not be amended after they have been confirmed and any alteration could incur a cancellation of your Tourism Product and a cancellation charge of up to 100% of the relevant part(s) of the arrangements. In some cases, any changes made may mean you having to pay for the cancelled arrangements and purchasing new ones at full cost.
- 9.3 Any request for cancellation of the contract by the Traveller can be done via the manage booking page. The cancellation takes place on the date of receipt of this notice. Any cancellation will result in the payment of the following fees in the summary table below in sub clause 9.4.
- 9.4 Traveller has the right to terminate the Package Travel contract before the start of the package without paying any termination fee in the event of unavoidable and extraordinary circumstances occurring at the place of destination or its immediate vicinity and significantly affecting the performance of the package, or which significantly affect the carriage of passengers to the
destination. In the event of termination of the Package Travel contract under this paragraph, the Traveller is entitled to a full refund of any payments made for the package but shall not be entitled to additional compensation.
|Applicable change/amendment fees|
|Days prior to service delivery within which the notice of cancellation is received by Discover Qatar in writing||General Products (Hotels/Services)||Transit Tours||Qatar Stopover|
|6 days and more||Hotel + Tours & Transfers Cancellation Policy + Discover Qatar Handling Fee (up to QAR 100)*||Hotel + Tours & Transfers Cancellation Policy + Discover Qatar Handling Fee (up to QAR 100)*||Hotel + Tours & Transfers Cancellation Policy + Discover Qatar Handling Fee (up to QAR 100)*|
|5 days and less, No Show||Non-refundable*||Non-refundable*||Non-refundable*|
|Any booking changes requested are subject to a handling fee of up to QAR 100 per booking.|
|*Please refer to product specific cancellation, refund policies for handling charges and details.|
|*Some products may be completely excluded from any refund and cancellation, as described under product description details.|
- 10. If We Change or Cancel Your Booking
- 10.1 We begin planning the arrangements we offer many months in advance and so we reserve the right to make changes to and correct errors in Tourism Product details both before and after bookings have been confirmed and payment has been received, subject to the conditions below. We must also reserve the right to cancel confirmed bookings at any time, subject to the conditions below. For example, if the minimum number of travellers required for a particular travel arrangement is not reached we may have to cancel it.
- 10.2 Most changes are insignificant but occasionally, we may have to make a significant change. If we have to make insignificant change, we will inform you by e-mail as soon as possible. If we have to make a significant change, we will tell you at least 7 days before such change, unless the change is outside of our control in which case we will tell you within the same business day that the significant change is decided. We will tell you the procedure for making your choice. Please read any notification of changes carefully and respond within no more than two (2) days further to that notification as if you do not respond to us within the timescale given, your booking may be cancelled. We will offer you the choice of the following options:
- (a) (For significant changes) accepting the changed arrangements, or
- (b) Purchasing alternative arrangements from us, of a similar standard to those originally booked if available (if the chosen alternative is less expensive than your original one, we will refund the difference but if it is more expensive, we will ask you to pay the difference),
- (c) Cancelling or accepting the cancellation in which case we will process a full refund of applicable booking fee you have paid to us within twenty-one (21) days from the date of cancellation or accepting the cancellation whichever is later.
- 10.3 We reserve the right to cancel your Booking. We will not cancel less than 12 weeks before your departure date, except for unavoidable and extraordinary circumstances, or failure by you to pay the final balance. Unavoidable and extraordinary circumstances means a situation beyond our control, the consequences of which could not have been avoided even if all reasonable measures had been taken.
- 10.4 We reserve the right to cancel your Booking if the number of persons enrolled for the package is less than the minimum number stated in the contract. The termination will be notify to the Traveller no later than: (i) twenty (20) days before the start of the package for trips lasting more than six (6) days; (ii) seven (7) days before the start of the package for trips lasting between two (2) and six (6) days; (iii) 48 hours before the start of the package for trips lasting less than two days.
- 10.5 In case of cancellation by us, we will provide the Traveller with full refund of any payments made for the package.
- 11. Conduct
- 11.1 When you book a Tourism Product with Discover Qatar you accept responsibility for the proper conduct for yourself and your party whilst on Tourism Product. For the purposes of this clause reference to “you” or “your” includes any other person in your party.
- 11.2 All customer/guests staying with us are expected to conduct themselves in an orderly and acceptable manner and not to disrupt the enjoyment of other customer/guests. If in our opinion or in the opinion of any hotel manager or any other person in authority, your behaviour or that of any member of your party is causing or is likely to cause distress, danger or annoyance to any of our other /guests or any third party or damage to property, or to cause a delay or diversion to transportation, we reserve the right to terminate your booking arrangements with us immediately. In the event of such termination, our liability to you and/or your party will cease and you and/or your party will be required to leave your accommodation or other service immediately. We will have no further obligations to you and/or your party. No refunds for lost accommodation or any other service will be made and we will not pay any expenses or costs incurred as a result of termination.
- 11.3 You and/or your party may also be required to pay for loss and/or damage caused by your actions and we will hold you and each member of your party jointly and individually liable for any damage or losses caused by you or any member of your party. Full payment for any such damage or losses must be paid directly to the hotel manager or other supplier prior to departure from the hotel. If you fail to make payment, you will be responsible for meeting any claims (including legal costs) subsequently made against us as a result of your actions together with all costs we incur in pursuing any claim against you. We cannot be held responsible for the actions or behaviour of other customer/guests or individuals who have no connection with your Booking arrangements or with us.
- 12. If you have a complaint
- 12.1 We make every effort to ensure that your Tourism Product arrangements run smoothly but if you do have a problem during your Tourism Product, please inform the relevant supplier (e.g. your hotelier) immediately who will endeavour to put things right. If your complaint is not resolved locally, please contact us using the contact details that are provided in your travel documents. If the problem cannot be resolved and you wish to complain further, you must send formal written notice of your complaint to us at firstname.lastname@example.org within 28 days of the end of your stay, giving your booking reference and all other relevant information. You can send your formal written notice by regular post alternatively should you not have access to email. Please keep your letter concise and to the point. This will assist us to quickly identify your concerns and speed up our response to
- 12.2 Failure to follow the procedure set out in this clause may affect ours and the applicable supplier’s ability to investigate your complaint, and will affect your rights under this contract. Please note that we do not offer an Alternative Dispute Resolution service. You can also access the European Commission Online Dispute (ODR) Resolution platform at http://ec.europa.eu/consumers/odr/. This ODR platform is a means of registering your complaint with us; it will not determine how your complaint should be resolved.
- 13. Our liability to you
13.1 You must inform us without undue delay of any failure to perform or improper performance of the travel services included in your Tourism Product. If any of the travel services included in your Tourism Product are not performed in accordance with these Terms and Conditions or are improperly performed, by us or the travel service suppliers, you may be entitled to an appropriate price reduction or compensation or both.
(1) In respect of Package Travel
As Organiser of the Package Travel, we will give appropriate assistance without undue delay to the Traveller in difficulty, more particularly by providing appropriate information on health services, local authorities and consular assistance and by assisting the traveller to make distance communications and helping the traveller to find alternative travel arrangements. Please note that we will be entitled to charge a reasonable fee for such assistance if the difficulty is caused intentionally by the traveller or through the traveller's negligence.
We promise that your Tourism Product arrangements will be made, performed or provided with reasonable skill and care and for which we are liable. This means that we will accept responsibility if, for example, you suffer death or personal injury or your contracted arrangements are not provided as promised or prove deficient as a result of the failure of ourselves, our employees, agents or suppliers to use reasonable skill and care in making, performing or providing your arrangements. Further, we will be responsible for what our employees, agents and suppliers do or do not do if they were at the time acting within the course of their employment or carrying out work we had asked them to do.
(2) In respect of other arrangements
We promise to use reasonable skill and care in the performance of our contractual obligations, subject to and in accordance with these Terms and Conditions. Our contractual obligations consist of using our reasonable skill and care in making your booking and arranging your Tourism Product, as well as using our reasonable skill and care in choosing our suppliers.
(3) In respect of Package Travel and other arrangements
We will not be liable where any failure to perform or improper performance of the travel services is due to: you or another member of your party; or a third party unconnected with the provision of the travel services in the Package Travel and is unforeseeable or unavoidable; or unavoidable and extraordinary circumstances, which means a situation beyond our control, the consequences of which could not have been avoided even if all reasonable measures had been taken.
(4) Except as specifically set out in these conditions, we will not accept any further or different liability than the Package Travel Directive and its relevant transposition into National Law of European Union Member States impose. It is your responsibility to show that reasonable skill and care has not been used if you wish to make a claim against us.
(5) We limit the maximum amount we may have to pay you for any claims you may make against us. The maximum amount we will have to pay you where we are found liable for loss of and/or damage to any luggage or personal possessions (including money) is three times the price (excluding insurance premiums and amendment charges) per person affected unless a lower limitation applies to your claim under this clause.
For all other claims which do not involve death or personal injury, the maximum amount we will have to pay you if we are found liable to you on any basis is three times the price (excluding insurance premiums and amendment charges) paid by or on behalf of the person(s) affected in total unless a lower limitation applies to your claim. This maximum amount will only be payable where everything has gone wrong and you have not received any benefit at all from your Tourism Product.
(6) Our liability will also be limited in accordance with and/or in an identical manner to:
a) The contractual terms of the companies that provide the travel services that make up your package. These terms are incorporated into this booking; and
b) Any relevant international convention, for example the Montreal Convention in respect of travel by air, the Athens Convention in respect of travel by sea, the Berne Convention in respect of travel by rail and the Paris Convention in respect of the provision of accommodation, which limit the amount of and conditions under which compensation can be claimed for death, injury, delay to passengers and loss, damage and delay to luggage. We are to be regarded as having all benefit of any limitation of the extent of or the conditions under which compensation is to be paid under these or any conventions.
You can ask for copies of the travel service contractual terms, or the international conventions, from us at the details provided.
Where any claim or part of a claim (including those involving death or personal injury) concerns or is based on any travel arrangements (including the process of getting on and/or off the transport concerned) provided by any air, sea, rail or road carrier or any stay in a hotel, the maximum amount of compensation we will have to pay you will be limited. The most we will have to pay you for that claim or that part of a claim if we are found liable to you on any basis is the most the carrier or hotel keeper concerned would have to pay under any convention or regulation which applies to the travel arrangements or hotel stay in question. In any circumstances in which the carrier is liable to you by virtue of the Denied Boarding Regulation 2004, any liability we may have to you under our contract with you, arising out of the same facts, is limited to the remedies provided under the Regulation as if (for this purpose only) we were a carrier; any sums you receive from the carrier will be deducted from any amount due from ourselves.
(7) Local Excursions/Activities/Events
We will not accept responsibility for services or facilities which do not form part of our agreement or where they are not advertised in our brochure or on our Website.
(8) The services and facilities included in your Tourism Product will be deemed to be provided with reasonable skill and care if they comply with any local regulations which apply, or, if there are no applicable local regulations, if they are reasonable when compared to the local standards in practice.
(9) Every occurrence of unavoidable or extraordinary circumstances will lead to the suspension of the obligations in these Terms and Conditions that are affected by such unavoidable or extraordinary circumstances and we shall not be liable as a result of our inability to meet such obligations in an event. If it is impossible to ensure your return as scheduled due to unavoidable or extraordinary circumstances, we will bear the cost of necessary accommodation, if possible of equivalent category, for a maximum of three nights. The limit does not apply to persons with reduced mobility and any person accompanying them, pregnant women and unaccompanied minors, or persons in need of specific medical assistance, provided that you notify us of these needs at least 48 hours before the start of your Tourism Product.
- 14. Your Personal Data
14.1 Discover Qatar is committed to protecting your privacy and complying with applicable data protection and privacy laws and the protection of your Personal Data that you provide to us in the
course of a Booking. By "Personal Data" we mean any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person. Personal Data will be processed for the purposes of performing your Booking in accordance with our Customer Privacy Notice.
- 15. Special requests and medical problems
- 15.1 If you wish to make a special request, you must do so at the time of booking. We will try to pass any reasonable requests on to the relevant supplier but we cannot guarantee that requests will be met. Failure to meet any special request will not be a breach of contract on our part unless the request has been specifically confirmed.
- 15.2. We are happy to advise and assist you in choosing a suitable Tourism Product. As some of the accommodation and resorts and tours and services featured may lack even the simplest facilities, such as ramps for wheelchairs, lifts etc, it is important that, when booking, you advise us of any disabilities and special requirements to make sure the Tourism Product meets your specific needs. If we reasonably feel unable to properly accommodate the particular needs of the person(s) concerned, we will not confirm the booking or, if full details are not given at the time of booking, cancel when we become aware of these details.
- 16. Miscellaneous
- 16.1 These Terms and Conditions shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of Qatar.
- 16.2 Discover Qatar and each Member submit to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of the State of Qatar to resolve disputes arising in connection with these Terms and Conditions.
- 16.3 If any provision of these Terms and Conditions is invalid, illegal or unenforceable under the law of any jurisdiction, this shall not affect the validity, legality or enforceability of any other provision of these Terms and Conditions under the law of that jurisdiction or any provision of these Terms and Conditions under the law of any other jurisdiction.
- 16.4 If Discover Qatar becomes entitled to exercise any right or remedy under these Terms and Conditions or by law or regulation, no failure to exercise, no delay in exercise and no single or partial exercise of that right or remedy shall:
(a) adversely affect that right or remedy;
(b) waive it; or
(c) prevent any further exercise of it or of any other right or remedy.
- 17. Contacting Discover Qatar
- 17.1 If you have any questions, feedback or complaints regarding a Booking, please contact us at email@example.com
- 18. Standard information form for Package Travel
The combination of travel services offered to you is a package within the meaning of Directive (EU) 2015/2302.
Therefore, you will benefit from all EU rights applying to packages.
Discover Qatar W.L.L will be fully responsible for the proper performance of the package as a whole.
Additionally, as required by law, Discover Qatar W.L.L has protection in place to refund your payments and, where transport is included in the package, to ensure your repatriation in the event that it becomes/they become insolvent.
Key rights under Directive (EU) 2015/2302 are the following:
— Travellers will receive all essential information about the package before concluding the package travel contract.
— There is always at least one trader who is liable for the proper performance of all the travel services included in the contract.
— Travellers are given an emergency telephone number or details of a contact point where they can get in touch with the organiser or the travel agent.
— Travellers may transfer the package to another person, on reasonable notice and possibly subject to additional costs.
— The price of the package may only be increased if specific costs rise (for instance fuel prices), and if expressly provided for in the contract, and in any event not later than twenty (20) days before the start of the package. If the price increase exceeds eight (8) % of the price of the package, the traveller may terminate the contract. If the organiser reserves the right to a price increase, the traveller has a right to a price reduction if there is a decrease in the relevant costs.
— Travellers may terminate the contract without paying any termination fee and get a full refund of any payments if any of the essential elements of the package, other than the price, are changed significantly. If before the start of the package the trader responsible for the package cancels the package, travellers are entitled to a refund and compensation where appropriate.
— Travellers may terminate the contract without paying any termination fee before the start of the package in the event of exceptional circumstances, for instance if there are serious security problems at the destination which are likely to affect the package.
— Additionally, travellers may at any time before the start of the package terminate the contract in return for an appropriate and justifiable termination fee.
— If, after the start of the package, significant elements of the package cannot be provided as agreed, suitable alternative arrangements will have to be offered to the traveller at no extra cost. Travellers may terminate the contract without paying any termination fee, where services are not performed in accordance with the contract and this substantially affects the performance of the package and the organiser fails to remedy the problem.
— Travellers are also entitled to a price reduction and/or compensation for damages where the travel services are not performed or are improperly performed.
— The organiser has to provide assistance if the traveller is in difficulty.
— If the organiser or, in some Member States, the retailer becomes insolvent, payments will be refunded. If the organiser or, where applicable, the retailer becomes insolvent after the start of the package and if transport is included in the package, repatriation of the travellers is secured.
Websites where Directive (EU) 2015/2302 as transposed into national law can be found:
|Austria|| 1. AT BGBl I Nr. 50 v. 24.4.2017 (see under "Available languages")|
2. AT BGBl I Nr. 50 v. 24.4.2017, Anhang I (see under "Available languages")
3. AT BGBl I Nr. 50 v. 24.4.2017, Anhang II (see under "Available languages")
|Belgium|| BE Law on the sale of package travel, LTA and travel services (see under "Available languages")|
|Bulgaria|| BG Act on tourism (see under "Available languages")|
|Croatia|| HR Act on the provision of services in tourism|
|Cyprus|| 1. CY Law N 163(I) 2017|
2. CY Law N 186(I) 2017
3. CY Law No 187(I)2017 (see under "Available languages")
4. CY law N 188(I) 2017
|Czech Republic|| 1. 2616-CS-1 - 1991/455|
2. 2330-CS-1 - 1999/159
3. 7172-CS-1 - 1999/356
|Denmark|| 1. DK Act amending the Act on a Travel Guarantee Fund (see under "Available languages")|
2. DK Act for Packages and Linked travel arrangements (see under "Available languages")
|Estonia|| 1. EE Tourism Act as amended by RT I 28.12.2017 3 (see § 1-3, 5-8, 15-154, 17, 26, 31, 36)|
2. EE Law of Obligations Act as amended by RT I, 28.12.2017, 3(see Chapter 44, §866-882)
3. EE General Part of the Civil Code Act
4. EE Consumer Protection Act as amended by RT I, 28.12.2017, 3(see § 63, 65)
5. EE Standard information forms for package travel and linked travel arrangements, amending Law of Obligations Act
6. EE Standard information forms (addition 1)
7. EE Standard information forms (addition 2)
|Finland|| 1. FI SK 901 2017 (see under "Available languages")|
2. FI SK 902 2017 (see under "Available languages")
3. FI SK 921 2017 (see under "Available languages")
4. FI SK 922 2017 (see under "Available languages")
5. FI SK 924 2017 (see under "Available languages")
6. FI SK 181 2018 (see under "Available languages")
|France|| 1. FR Order No 2017-1717 on package travel and LTA (see under "Available languages")|
2. FR Decree No 2017-1871 implementing order 2017-1717 (see under "Available languages")
3. FR Arrêté du 1er mars 2018 fixant le modèle de formulaire d'information pour la vente de voyages et de séjours (see under "Available languages")
|Germany|| DE BGBl Drittes Gesetz zur Änderung reiserechtlicher Vorschriften (see under "Available languages")|
|Greece|| EL Presidential Decree 7 on package travel and LTA (see under "Available languages")|
|Hungary|| 1. HU Act amending legislative harmonisation in connection with organised tours (see under "Available languages")|
2. HU Amendment to Gov Decree on the appointment of the Consumer Protection Authority (see under "Available languages")
3. HU Gov Decree 473 2017 amending Government Decree 213 1996 on Travel organisation and agency activities (see under "Available languages")
4. HU Gov Decree 474 2017 (amending 45 2014)on contracts between consumers and businesses (see under "Available languages")
5. HU Gov Decree on contracts relating to PTD (see under "Available languages")
6. HU Gov Decree on Travel Organisation and Agency Activities (see under "Available languages")
|Italy|| IT transposition measure PTD|
|Latvia|| LV Amendments to Tourism Law(see under "Available languages")|
|Lithuania|| 1. LT AR 2017-07-01 (see under "Available languages")|
2. LT AR 2017-11-01 (see under "Available languages")
3. LT XII-1927 (see under "Available languages")
4. LT AR 2018-01-01
5. LT ANK AR 2018-01-01
9. LT-2018 06 30_XIII-1447
10. LT-2018 06 30_XIII-1448
11. LT-2018 08 07_V-132
12. LT-2018 08 07_V-133
|Luxembourg|| 1. LU VI.B. - A-n308 du 25 avril 2018 - Loi voyages à forfait - dir. 2015-2302 (see under "Available languages")|
2. LU VI.B. - A-n309 du 25 avril 2018 - RGD voyages à forfait - dir. 2015-2302
|Malta|| MT Legal Notice 94 of 2018|
|Netherlands|| NL transposition law package travel directive (see under "Available languages")|
|Poland|| 1. PL Act of 24 November 2017 on package travel and LTAs (see under "Available languages")|
2. PL Regulation on contributions to Travel Guarantee Fund (see under "Available languages")
3. PL Regulation on insurance on behalf of travellers (see under "Available languages")
4. PL Regulation on minimum level for bank and insurance guarantees (see under "Available languages")
5. PL Regulation on model contracts bank guarantee and insurance guarantee forms and travel insurance contracts (see under "Available languages")
|Portugal|| 1. PT Decreto-Lei n 172018 (see under "Available languages")|
2. PT Decreto-Lei 78-2018
|Romania|| RO M Of 728 23.08.2018 pachete calatorie|
|Slovakia|| 1. 170-2018 SK (see under "Available languages")|
2. SK-575-2001vz112-2018 (see under "Available languages")
3. SK-136-2010vz106-2018 (see under "Available languages")
4. SK-102-2014vz170-2018 (see under "Available languages")
5. SK-CT32015L2302_260618 (see under "Available languages")
|Slovenia|| 1. SL 2014-01-1521|
2. SL 2017-01-0729
3. SL 2018-01-0541
4. SL 2018-01-1409
5. SL 2018-01-2131
6. SL 2018-01-2705
|Sweden|| 1. SFS2018-1217 paketreselag (see under "Available languages")|
2. SFS2018-1218 resegarantilag (see under "Available languages")
3. SFS2018-1220 lag om ändring i marknadsföringslagen (see under "Available languages")
4. SFS2018-1334 förordning om standardformulär för paketresor och sammanlänkade researrangemang (see under "Available languages")
5. SFS2018-1336 lag om ändring i sjölagen (see under "Available languages")
6. SFS2018-1338 lag om ändring i distansavtalslagen (see under "Available languages")
7. SFS2018-1340 resegarantiförordning (see under "Available languages")
|UK|| 1. UK Air Travel Organisers' Licensing Act 2017|
2. UK Package Travel and Linked Travel arrangement regulations 2018 No. 634